Monday, March 14, 2011

Franz Liszt's Brain (2005)


Franz Liszt has always been a favorite subject of mine. Growing up, I loved his music and played as much of it as possible on the piano. The whole feeling of the Romantic period, the famous cliques, the outfits, the showmanship, and the general artistic passion, always grabbed my attention.

Some famous works by Liszt that are still commonly heard today:
Liebesträume No. 3
Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2

My own favorite:
Transcendental Etude 6 - Vision
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6bVgWnHOos

2 comments:

  1. i love this, as well as Liszt! i wanna have it! how can such an idea manifest? (this is jon bafus by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bafus!
    Glad you like my painting. I can't figure out a way for your idea to manifest. I just like this thing too much to part with it. I have another Liszt painting, which is also not for sale, but I think you will like it — it's a WACKY skateboard! (Soon to be posted.)

    Next time you're over, I'll knock this painting off its high perch and you can take a closer look if you like.

    ReplyDelete